Water filling (cold water)
- Pour 20 liters of cold water in the barrel and shut it up with the bunghole.
- Let the barrel lie on the bottom. It will absorb the necessary amount of water for 12 hours.
- Once done, turn the barrel upside down and let it lie on the opposite bottom. Let the wood play and absorb moisture.
- After 24 hours, take off the bunghole, rinse with clear water and let the water drain.
- Your barrel is now ready to receive your wine.
If you ever notice any water leak or run into a technical problem during this process, do not hesitate to contact us (lien)
The Cavin company strongly recommends you to store the barrels that won’t be used right away in a healthy environment.