Water filling in case of non-use for more than 30 consecutive days
- Pour 20 liters of cold water in the barrel and close it up with the bunghole.
- Let the barrel lie on the bottom. It will absorb the amount of necessary water during 24 hours.
- At the end of these 24 hours, turn the barrel upside down and let it lie on the opposite bottom. Let the wood play and absorb moisture during the following 24 hours.
- Once these 48 hours passed, take off the bunghole, rinse it clear water and let the water drain.
- Your barrel is now ready to receive your wine.